Tuesday, June 7, 2011

rhubarb muffins; stir-fry

Monday I made the rhubarb muffins from Simply in Season for breakfast (I'm mildly ashamed to admit I used frozen rhubarb - we still have some left from last year! - but I didn't tell my guests).

After a day of walking around Halifax, for dinner I made a quick stir-fry, using up most of the leftover ingredients in the fridge. I sauteed a bit of garlic and some grated ginger in peanut oil and soy sauce, then added Taproot bok choi, Taproot green onions, a few Taproot pea-shoots (though we still have some left), broccoli, celery, edamame, chick peas, and cashews. For the sauce I combined more soy sauce, rice vinegar, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and a bit of sugar, then drizzled some sesame oil over top just before serving.

For desert we have a repeat of the rhubarb filo pastry. And we've still got rhubarb left!

There. I think I'm caught up. Box day today. I promise I'll be better at posting from now on - I'm home with no guests for the forseeable future.

-Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment